About the creator of the treasures:

This blog is dedicated to my Scottish friend Frank Maguire, as a personal gift to him. It contains a selection of his finest poems, both in the English and in the Scottish language he has written throughout the years. All pictures used are made by yours truly and under copyright and so are all poems by Frank Maguire.


Enjoy!

Ingrid de Klerck

vrijdag 11 juni 2010

Had I

Had I

Had I a wish, a precious wish
That would make my life so fine
With no debate, to contemplate
I’d wish that she was mine

Had I a dream, a special dream
That I wallowed in each night
With all my heart, right from the start
I’d dream to hold her tight

Had I a smile, a loving smile
That was on my face each day
With her to see, most endlessly
I’d smile my life away

Had I a love, a one true love
That would surely warm my soul
With heart and mind, no longer blind
I’d know she made me whole

2 opmerkingen:

  1. This is absolutely a beautiful and thoughtful piece, what a gem to come upon. Your friend is quite the writer and leaves a passionate mark. Thank you for sharing his work on here, that was generous of you, and it is interesting to know he writes in the Scottish language.

    God's blessings to you dear..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. MaryAnne, thanks for this beautiful comment, I am certain Frank will be smiling form ear to ear when he reads it.

    God bless you sweetheart,

    *hugs*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen